The following are sources of information you can use to find out about type 1 diabetes research that might be of interest to you:
- Ask your diabetes care physician or diabetes specialist nurse whether there is any research taking place at your local hospital
- Ask your GP whether there is any research taking place at your GP surgery.
- Search the Clinical Trials Gateway
Select ‘Diabetes’ as the primary research area or enter ‘type 1 diabetes’ in the search box.
You can then tick boxes under categories such as ‘Trial Status’ and ‘Health Condition’ to filter the results (e.g. for trials that have a Trial Status of ‘Recruiting’ and those for Health Condition ‘Type 1 diabetes’ or ‘Diabetes’.
There is a map to help you search by location, or you can enter a postcode or location in the search box.
- Look on the JDRF UK website for studies.
- Look on the Diabetes UK website for studies.